Sublicensing

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Aug 15 23:49:07 UTC 2003

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:25:30AM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> [Andreas: FSF free doesn't mean my free]
> Note that the GPL is considered free but it is also specialized. The FSF
> also considers many other kinds of licenses free, and their definition
> of free is quite similar to what you would expect (appended below). It
> doesn't mean you can do anything you want with the code, for that you
> want MIT/BSD style licenses.

What Andreas was pointing out is that we need a license that allows
us to even built proprietary Squeak based systems with. As you can
do with Linux. This is really important.

(But the APSL does allow that, so it would be ok).

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de