MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Aug 17 04:14:31 UTC 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 08:52 pm, Eddie Cottongim wrote:
> Looking through here, it looks like the line:
>
> localEvt _ anEvent transformedBy: (child transformedFrom: aMorph).
>
> inside the loop is a loop invariant. Does this sound reasonable?

Not if you're saying that localEvt is invariant.

localEvt may be changed when it's passed to the child (set the handled
flag, install a handler).

Also, the transform could very well change as a reaction to a handled
event (for instance, a keystroke on a scrollbar). Whether we could
assume that the transform didn't change when the event wasn't
handled, I don't know (it's possible but not polite for a morph to
react to an event but not say it handled it).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com