3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to fullimagescript behavior)

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Aug 17 17:22:49 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
[...]
> As Colin says, eventually, the quality of each package will depend on
> the testing that its users decide to give it. But in the current
> situation, where the barrier to testing packages not in the image is not
> yet trivial, not bringing in the Full packages for the beta means that
> we give up either on making a demonstration image, or on its quality.

Oh, no... we should absolutely have a full image during beta so it can
be tested.  The packages just shouldn't be in the update stream.  On
final release, the packages need to be loaded to make a final image.
Someone just needs to do the same at various points during beta.

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)