[BUG]Celeste class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #registerInFlapsRegistry

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 18 01:02:54 UTC 2003

pieber at acm.org wrote:
> "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > The method is supposed to be in the Celeste package(s), but it got
> > deleted from the main image before being added to Filtering Celeste.
> > I've added it to FC now, and it at least loads.
> Thanks for fixing the problem. I tried it out in the newest 3.6beta
> image (Squeak3.6b-5387.image) and I could load it.
>
> However, the line feeds are still mangled in the FilteringCeleste code,
> i.e. the code looks like it does not have any line feeds at all. I tried
> to set CrLfStream as the concreteStream but this got me a debugger when
> trying to load from SqueakMap.

I cannot verify this.  I did the following and got a Celeste that at
least opens:

	1. Start with Squeak 3.6alpha-4278 or so.
	2. Update from servers twice, giving me the newest 3.6beta.
	3. Change concreteStream to CLFS.
	4. Open package loader.
	5. Load LargeLists.
	6. Load FilteringCeleste

No debugger, and Celeste opens fine.  In fact, I normally do at least
this much testing every time I update the SqueakMap entry.

Could you try again, and report what the debugger says?

FWIW, Adam Spitz and I are trying to merge the two Celeste packages
together, so that the filter list would be a UI option in the main
Celeste package.  Keep your eyes open, because (if you have the
tolerance), having >1 testers for the filters-based UI would be very
helpful!

Lex