[BUG]? Upgrade to full image script behavior

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Aug 17 21:23:41 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > I also noticed that only the upgrade script landed in the specified
> > directory.  All of the other subparts of the upgrade script landed in
> > my
> > main Squeak directory.  Is this the intended behavior?
>
> Yes, although SqueakMap v2 will address this somewhat... it will no
> longer put packages in the main Squeak directory (to my understanding).

Indeed. Current SM is really "dumb". It downloads and unpacks in the
directory it is told to use. You can set it in the Package Loader (check
the menu).

SM2 has a proper cache implementation so it will create a directory
structure below directory "sm" where it will keep the downloaded package
releases (and other stuff). So it will not "litter" your .image
directory.

regards, Göran