[FIX][3.6b] SocketFix ( [sm][et] works - fix for 3.6 )

julian at beta4.com julian at beta4.com
Mon Aug 18 08:34:57 UTC 2003

This fix depends on Stephen's 'SocketAcceptFixes' changeset, which has
already been approved for inclusing in the stream: load it first.

This fix corrects a problem with a signal being raised when
#waitForAcceptFor: times out.  It also makes ConnectionQueue work (I
tested both).

Finally, it adds two methods for backwards compatibility:
Socket>>getData and StringSocket>>processInput.  I didn't load either of
these methods in, since I don't need them.  I leave the decision as to
whether they should be included or not up to someone else :)  Everything
except those two should definitely go in for 3.6 since accepting sockets
is pretty broken otherwise.

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >

This post brought to you by the BugFixArchiveViewer, a handy tool that
makes it easy to comment on proposed fixes and enhancements for Squeak.
For more information, check out the Web page for the BugFixArchiveViewer
project: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3214

< I'm a bug-fixing machine! >