when to integrate Flow (was "Wishes for 3.7")

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Aug 18 23:49:49 UTC 2003

Hi Stephane--

	I do think streams could be drastically improved. My current plan for
Flow is for it to be available as part of my minimal snapshot work. Flow
assists in starting the minimal system, and enables the loading of
modules and, optionally, unloading itself. :)  (See
http://netjam.org/squat for details.)

	In essence, I see Flow as something one gets as a side-effect in a
future major release of Squeak that uses the minimal snapshot. I think
good timing for that major release would be either version 4 or 5,
depending on when we want to deploy the new image format (that should
also be a major release).

	thanks,

-C

--