Object Hierarchy/ Structure

Gary McGovern zeppy at australia.edu
Tue Aug 19 16:07:22 UTC 2003

I'm interested to know if there has been some work done into finding a
better structure than a tree/hierarchy. I've always felt that it is a
problem that a node can be taken out and it breaks those below it.

Perhaps part of the problem is that the object hierarchy is following a
pattern based on the building blocks of matter, whereas computing objects
are based on thought and representations of matter. So there must be a
better pattern/structure.

So it seems to me.

I was thinking that perhaps another layer would solve the problem.

Part of the problem is rigid dependencies.

Thanks!
Gary