3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 19 17:12:30 UTC 2003

Andreas implemented a mechanism for updating packages. It certainly
works ok for my (simple ) testing so perhaps it ought to be integrated
into the main update stuff. It surely ought to be feasible to do the
basic system.

The tricky part is nothing to do with the update mechanism per se but
rather with the usage. Ordering of updates is frequently crucial and bad
interactions can be very hard to test for and resolve. This is part of
the impetus for my not entirely tongue in check suggestion of not doing
updates for the Full system.

tim
"Mr. Worf, scan that ship."  "Aye aye, Captain... 300 DPI?