3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Tue Aug 19 18:05:53 UTC 2003

Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote on 19.08.2003 17:58:27:
>In what way is an update stream specifically for Full the only
>convenient way to test the Full image?  When you download a full
>image, you can update the Full packages using Squeakmap, and pull in
>the same updates to the base code, the same as everyone else, through
>the update stream.
>
>I still fail to see how this is any less convenient.

I am not saying that the _only_ convenient way is the update stream.
It is today the most convenient. What I want to say is that we need a
facility for an automated and incremental update to 'Full' so that
enough people are using and testing 'Full'. If we offer such an update
only for 'Basic' everyone will use that, and 'Basic' will become
'Full'.

Do you mean with your last line of your post 'the same as everyone
else' that 'Full' is only for a minority of people and 'Basic' is the
one most people really want?

If so, I guess you are not right here, I think it is the other way
round and that's another reason why we should concentrate on 'Full'.

Regards
Martin