3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image script behavior)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 20 18:41:45 UTC 2003

> But perhaps a package owner may want to try setting up an
> update stream for a package sometime soon.

There's an active one for Balloon3D which I am using to post interim fixes
between full package updates.

> Update streams may be overkill for some packages,
> but for others it might make sense.

I find them quite convenient for most purposes inbetween "larger versions".
E.g., creating a new package version can be quite a bit of work and it's
nice if you can post a fix for a small change just using an update stream.
Even if noone else uses it, it can make your own life in managing the
package a little easier, in particular in the absence of good (integrated)
tool support for other kinds of shared repositories.

Cheers,
  - Andreas