Framebuffer driver now in Beta...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Aug 20 19:20:34 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 03:11 pm, Alan Grimes wrote:
> running explorer on "Smalltalk keys" revealed that there are
> something like 1,700 symbols in the global dictionary! AIEEEEEEEE!!
> It is unclear wheather these are simply classes or pool
> dictionaries that should be reviewd. If these are classes then this
> complexity should be much abated if I manage to implement my Sphere
> Operating System. ;)
>
> The explorer didn't seem to provide any way to inspect the values
> of these keys.... I am in over my head at this point and wouldn't
> even know where to begin implementing such functionality myself....

Smalltalk keys size "print it =>" 1917
Smalltalk classNames size "print it =>" 1898
Smalltalk keys difference: Smalltalk classNames "print it =>" an
IdentitySet(#Undeclared #Transcript #Smalltalk #ScheduledControllers
#Sensor #ActiveEvent #References #SourceFiles #ActiveHand
#MCMockClassPoolDictionary #SystemOrganization #World
#ScriptingSystem #Processor #ImageImports #ActiveWorld #SRDebug
#Display #TextConstants)
((Smalltalk keys difference: Smalltalk classNames) collect: [ :key |
Smalltalk associationAt: key ifAbsent: [ ]]) asArray "explore it"

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com