3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image script behavior)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Aug 20 19:22:53 UTC 2003

Göran Krampe wrote:

>Hi Doug!
>
>Citerat från Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com>:
>[SNIP]
>

>>See my response to Goran, I merely wanted to add a convenience yes/no
>>prompt for people to switch to Full if they want by loading the packages
>>via SM.  I think this is actually simpler than regularly providing Full
>>and Basic alpha images on the ftp site.  The update stream would still
>>stick to the Basic image, but people with Full images could follow along
>>also.
>>
>>- Doug
>>

>I am all with you on this Doug! :-) Everything sounds dandy.
>
>Now, that we hopefully have this decision out of the way I think the single most
>important issue to ensure that the Full image will work properly is actually to
>make sure we have dedicated maintainers for those packages! If we have that then
>they will make sure their packages work as they should.

Okay then. :-)  I *think* that Daniel is more or less agreeing with this
now, based on his last message.  (At least as far as not adding packages
directly to the update stream.)  I will plan on adding the yes/no prompt
with the next batch of updates, should be today or tomorrow.

>And another thing - I am tomorrow adding categories for marking these 9 packages
>as being "Squeak official".

Sounds good.  Btw, I guess the "9" full packages are really 8, because
SUnit was changed to be part of Basic, so it was added directly to the
image.  And then there weren't any objections to my proposal to remove
PWS from these Full packages, so I'm going to remove it from the
"upgrade to full" script, and send out a message about it.  So, there
are really 7 of these "Squeak official" Full packages for 3.6.

- Doug