[GOODIE] Method Annotations

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 21 00:12:11 UTC 2003

> Aha, cool.  But January 2, 2002, and you never posted this earlier??

To avoid silly discussions about it being a "language modification" that is
"not needed" and to prevent embarrassing myself by trying to explain that I
don't give a damn about minimalisitic systems only useful ones ;-)

> I think extending it to support any arity of annotation is
> probably useful - particularly when you're using annotations
> to specify UI, it seems like you usually need a number of
> different pieces of info for each property.
> And it would be a shame to regress to positional parameters.
>
> If that's relatively easy to fix, then this is an ENH I'd lobby to get
> into the image... I think it opens up a whole bunch of interesting
> possibilities.

This would be pretty trivial. I simply didn't have a need for it as all of
my uses require "multi-keyword" annotations exclusively for cases which have
to be handled specially by the parser anyway, similar to
<primitive:module:>.

Cheers,
  - Andreas