SVI is really neat !

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Aug 21 12:11:16 UTC 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi Steven
>
> I was about to bring from the graveyard my implementation to get
> paragraphEditor
> handling multiple key binding table. So that on a per-instance based we
> could have different bindings.

Neat.

> Do you think that this is worth? or should I use your Keymapper?
> I would really to have that kind of simple functionality in the image.
> Is keymapper fixing paragraph editor? Because my changes were small
> (introducing the right instance and class var in paragraph editor,
> fixing all the methods to use the instance var) and adding a Binding
> class.
[snip]

I think that with yours, we have 4 different packages (perhaps more, maybe
it's only three) floating around offering this sort of functionality. I
started examininga couple (Hooker? And Multiple Shortcuts?). Reconciling
these (or just picking the best, where "best" is partially determined by
"having active maintatiner" :)) would be good.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.