Squeak on MacOS version identification?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Aug 21 13:41:18 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2003 09:25 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
>>-1001 - basic OS type: "unix", "win32", "mac",...
>

> Of course, that's wrong.

Could you put the correct values on the page?

> This attribute seems to start with an uppercase letter on all
> platforms except "unix".

Should we state that these values are case-sensitive? For example, JMM's
and Ian's Mac VMs disagree on processor type ('PowerPC' vs 'powerpc').

I'd prefer case-sensitive values, and that either of the two switched.
Since I guess JMM's is easier to fix (Ian's would require a translation
table in autoconf) could John change it? Please? :-)

-- Bert