Dynabook Usability

Gary McGovern zeppy at australia.edu
Thu Aug 21 13:48:40 UTC 2003

I'd like to question the usability of a single screen dynabook and similar
devices.

My personal preference would be a device that I don't think exists yet. At
home when I do rough drafts and designs etc, I find it awkward to work with
one screen.

Instead I use a spiral A4 paper pad of 150 pages and ink pen and figure
things out before I go to the computer. I like to leaf through pages and go
back and forth and so on.

HPs research into reusable paper gave me the idea that a computerised
version couldn't be that far away. A computerised pen based version with
its own OS that could make the 150 hard pages into into infinite pages.

As I'm a user and they are my requirements, I couldn't be wrong could I ?

Somebody please give me more info about this!

Thanks!
Gary