Dynabook Usability

Jim.Gettys at hp.com Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Thu Aug 21 20:42:55 UTC 2003

These days, courtesy of MS pushing, tablets are at least available, though
still too heavy for my personal taste (e.g. HP's TC1000 is around 3lb).

The functionality is getting seriously interesting (enough CPU,
memory, disk and network to be seriously useful; and I find the
tablet OK (touchscreens aren't useful at this formfactor; you'll touch
the wrong place on the screen by accident too much).

On the other hand, at least the price isn't too insane ($1700), and
I don't have to run Microsoft software on it either (folks here have
Linux running pretty nicely on it now).

			- Jim

--
Jim Gettys