[Q] PluggableListMorph list question

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 22 16:03:26 UTC 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 04:02 am, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> As usual I learn a lot from you.
> But my answer remains still.
> This time I know what you are saying, but, what if you have a
> PluggableListMorph  embebed in other Morph and wish add a new
> member to your previous ?
>
> How you get list if you don't have
> List
> ^list
>
> Thot is what I'm asking.

There is nothing special about #list. The PLM goes to its model to get
the list when it's told that the list changed.

The Pluggable* Morphs and Views use the MVC (Observer) pattern for
notifications from their models.

So if you want to change a list, you just make sure that the model
will report a new list the next time it's asked for one, and then say
	self changed: #whateverMyGetListSelectorIs.

The PLM doesn't have a list of its own, so there's no way to add to it
via the PLM. This is all done through whatever your model is.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com