[ENH] SpeedTalkingStreams

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Aug 24 15:45:16 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 04:10:04PM +0200, Boris Gaertner wrote:
> Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus <schwa at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> > from preamble:
> > I got a 30x speed improvement on this
> > benchmark.
> This is impressive!

Then reply with some harvesting tags, and let's get this in the image!
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3103

(although what we really need is for it to be tested on both big-endian
and little-endian machines.  I only have x86)

> My change set  proposal1.cs  was not impressive at all,
> not only gave it wrong results, it also slowed down a
> slow algorithm. Sorry about that!

Ah, but I found that proposal2.cs (included in my changeset) made
a significant improvement.  Thanks!

> Yoshiki Ohshima found a really admireable solution.

Yes, he did.  Thanks Yoshiki!

Joshua