Dynabook Usability

Jack Johnson fragment at nas.com
Sun Aug 24 20:12:37 UTC 2003

Alan Kay wrote:

> This is why building prototypes is a good idea. At this point I would
> say "it depends". E.g. how big would the gap be for a particular display?

 From the displays I've seen, I'd think it would be hard to get smaller
than, say, a 1/2" gap, and that's probably best-case scenario.  I
suspect the Strathmore is about the same if it's spiral-bound.

This is a similar device using two 15" screens (I think):

	http://www.dualscreen.com/

and you can see that the gap is probably over an inch.

Maybe they'd let you test drive one?  :)

-Jack