Comanche 5 for Squeak 3.6

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Aug 24 23:16:33 UTC 2003

I did the minimal hacking needed to get Comanche working on 3.6; the
package is here (you'll need MCInstaller to load it):

http://beta4.com/squeak/Kom-ab.2.mcz

Mostly what I did was rename SocketStream to KomSocketStream (so that it
doesn't conflict with the network rewrite's class) and tweak some calls to
Socket to use the new API.  I did this to Comanche 5, because that's what
I use, but I imagine it would be easy to do the same for Kom6 if anyone
were so inclined.

I would really like to have an implementation of the HTTP protocol that
actually worked with Squeak's native streams, however - Comanche's stream
classes use annoyingly different semantics for methods like #upTo:  and
#match:.  If anyone has started work on this, let me know - otherwise, us
Vancouver folk may break down and write one sometime soon (possibly
starting by stealing some tests and code from Swazoo).

Next step is making Seaside work with the ContextEnh...

Avi