[OT]Big endian eggs

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Aug 26 04:15:30 UTC 2003

  Oh, yes.  I remember another thing.

  Another aspect of sword/steel making is it requires *lots* of woods.
Steel making was believed to be imported around to Japan from the
continent (the time frame is not well known).  However, the continent
basically ran out woods later.  I think the same thing happened to
Italy peninsula, if I understand correctly.  That is because more or
less dry weather.

  On the other hand, thanks to much rainfall and hotter weather in
Japan, the trees grow much faster.  That helped the sustainable
development of steel making technology.

-- Yoshiki