Cleanup package on SqueakMap

Adam Spitz adspitz at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 28 04:59:22 UTC 2003

I've put up a Cleanup package containing a bunch of little cleanup
scripts that I've been working on. The package isn't really that
interesting; it's intended for people who:

- would like to have a slightly smaller image right now;
- are interested in the cleanup process itself; or
- are interested in becoming the maintainer of one of the now-untangled
packages.

After the Cleanup package is installed, the following packages can be
very easily removed from the image:

Nebraska
Movies
Balloon-MMFlash
Speech
Sound
Morphic-GeeMail
FFI
Tools-Process Browser
Morphic-Postscript Canvases
Tools-ArchiveViewer
StarSqueak
Network-TelNet WordNet
Network-IRC Chat
Morphic-PDA
Morphic-Outliner
Genie

If you're interested in maintaining one of these packages, you can
create a reinstallation file just by using Monticello to file out the
package.

If you'd just like to remove the packages from your image, the
installation script for the Cleanup package will do it (if you ask it
to), or you can take a look at SystemDictionary>>discardAFewThings. It
shrinks the latest 3.6beta image from 9.7 MB down to about 7.9 MB.
(We're back down under 1000 classes. :)

Some of these cleanup scripts have already been submitted to the
harvesting process; some of them are still pretty ugly and I'd like to
fix them up first. But I wanted to get these scripts out into the
community, because I'd like to have help with this cleanup stuff and I
don't want people to spend time doing stuff that's already done.

Anybody want to help me untangle eToys? :)

Adam