Harvesting Process simplified a bit

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Aug 28 19:47:45 UTC 2003

I just spent a little time cleaning up the Harvesting Process page on
the swiki.  See:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152

To simply things, I reduced the number of steps in the process from 5 to
4.  There is no longer a separate "Review" step for objections after
Approval, since noone seemed to use that step anyway.  It's not too hard
to simply revert a bad submission in the update stream with a later
update, assuming it's a rare occurence.

Current status for 3.6beta:  I will incorporate the current batch of
approved fixes sometime tonight, and do one more final incorporation
this weekend, probably Sunday.  At that point I'll release a gamma
image, and the 3.7alpha update stream will be opened at the same time.

- Doug