Help on PlotMorph

Matej Kosik kosik at decef.elf.stuba.sk
Fri Aug 29 09:10:58 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:34:57PM -0700, Robert T. McCrory wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm pretty new to Squeak (so be gentle),

welcome

> and I'm trying to develop a
> subclass of SystemWindow that plots xy graphs.  I'm using the PlotMorph
> package to create a PlotMorph that I embed in a SystemWindow.
>
> My question is about the PlotMorph background color.  When I try to set it
> to white, it comes out blue.  In general, the colors of the background,
> axes, and grid seem to be other than what I expect.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's going on here and how to change it?  I've spent a
> couple of hours browsing through code, but I can't seem to find anything
> that helps.

I have had the same problem.
Change the display depth from 16 to 32.
(world menu / appearance ... / set display depth ... / 32)

The Squeak comes with display depth set to 16 in default I think.
This normally is enough unless you start playing with colors
on your own. Switching to 32 bit depth "solves" the problems.
--
Matej Kosik <http://altair.dsc.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik>
ICQ: 300133844