[ANN] Update Incorporation Tool

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Aug 29 17:09:12 UTC 2003

I just posted this tool I'm working on to SqueakMap.  It's basically a
tool to help make my job as update stream maintainer easier, but I
thought I would make it available, in case anyone's curious about how
the process works, or if we ever have additional update stream
maintainers, or if I fall off a cliff, etc. ;-)

- Doug

--------------------

 From the SM description:

The Update Incorporation Tool is a simple tool to be used by the Harvest
Master (the person incorporating approved submissions into the update
stream), in association with the BugFixArchiveViewer.  (Of course, a
password for the updates server is required in order to publish the
updates.)

The tool is used by selecting attachments (changesets) in the BFAV and
selecting "add to updates tool", one at a time.  These form a list in
the UpdateIncorporationTool.  These changesets can then be tweaked, and
then automatically given update # prefixes as a group, broadcasted to
the update stream as a group, and then have [update - xxxx] messages
posted as a group.

Requires BFAV and ConflictChecker packages as prerequisites.