squeak license

ALR alr.dev at free.fr
Fri Aug 29 21:10:34 UTC 2003

Thank you for your responses

Well, in fact the vm will certainly not be the vm as it is today.
The list of modification I would like to do (not complete of course, and in
a very early stage)
if anybody have ideas or comments about it:
- the icons will be the application icons, not squeak icon ...not too hard I
believe ;-)
- the vm preference system menu should disappear
- I would like to have a different exit handling code to let the application
handle exit,
and not the standard window proc message handling with 'Quit Squeak without
savig'
- I want to add primitives for GDI printing support under windows,
like StartDoc/EndDoc, StartPage etc
and probably modify the one I found (primitive 232, ioFormPrint
I think it was just for testing purpose by A.Raab- BTW it works :-)  -
although bitmap
printing can  lead to problems )
- probably adding help handling primitives (don't know today how to do it,
windows help api
html or ?)
I agree that all those modifications could or should be in the standard vm,
but actually they are not.

regards

Alain