[ANN] Small extensions for Connectors 1.9

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 1 04:41:32 UTC 2003

I did smalls extensions to the vocabulary of Connectors 1.9 of Ned Konz.

They serve  to hide and show connectors in a diagram identified by a number between '( )'

The way I operate is this:
    - label connectors
    - give a number to the 'internal name' of each connector along the order to follow them
    - identify the subprocess if any by sequence
    - open a Workspace and change is name like 'Script-....'
    - select in the Workspace menu  ' create textual references to dropped morphs'
    - write a scritp like this one:
=========
rg_ RGConnector.   " rg is a local variable in the Workspace"
rg title:'Foster Home Process ' .
truetypebanner875  string: rg title.  "This is my Truetypebanner I dropped on the Workspace"
Project current exportAsGIF.

rg title: 'Subprocess 1'.

truetypebanner875 string: rg title.
rg showConnectorsFrom: 1 to: 4.
Project current exportAsGIF.

rg title: 'Subprocess 2'.

truetypebanner875 string: rg title.
rg showConnectorsFrom: 5 to: 7.
Project current exportAsGIF.

rg title: 'Subprocess Correction process'.
truetypebanner875 string: rg title.
rg showConnectorsFrom: 10 to: 13.
Project current exportAsGIF.

rg title:'Foster Home Process ' .
truetypebanner875 string: rg title.
truetypebanner875 extent: 506 at 42.
rg showAll
==========
    - this script print a full drawing, and one separate drawing for each subprocess
    - pick up the different 'drawings' in the defaut Squeak folder
    - put them in a 'traitement de texte' et VOILÀ

The Foster Home.pdf is the result of the experience.
========
Other usage
    these are hepfull to validate a diagram when this one is too dense. Just hide/show each.
    If you forgot to numbered a connector you'll see the message 'collection is empty' in the
debugger.

Raymond