In Workspace, when coding, how to list only methods avaialable for an Object(in popup)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 1 07:15:11 UTC 2003

Hello,

This question has likely an obvious answer but I could not find one searching
the Squeak sites and trying everything I can think of. Basically, if I write
something in Workspace like

tm := TextMorph new.
tm

 at this point, I would like to hist a CTRL-SOMETHING and see all methods
available for this class. I realize I can highlight "TextMorph" and type
CTRL-i (Linux) and get the Class inspector where I can see the methods
dictionary but this is a slow 2-step process. Likewise I can type a letter
after "tm", such as

tm a

and hit CTRL-q and get ALL methods starting with "a" which to me is almost not
useful at all. Is there a way to limit the list to only methods on "tm"? As
well, it would be nice, as scrolling down the methods to get a popup with
"documentation", but that's secondary.

Hope this is not obvious, I tried my best ...

Thanks, Milan