An '*?%&$' mood

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Dec 1 08:05:12 UTC 2003

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:
[SNIP]
> Conclusion:
> - the effort to identify 'maintainers' for differents parts of Squeak will be a big improvment.  I
> think that I now, master Smalltalk sufficiently to help but not to be a lead maintainer.

Yes, I hope so too. :) And which part would you like to be co-maintainer
for? Come on now, I will not let you get off the hook after such a
scathing post! :-)

> - the SM2 is an absolute necessity (I know SM2 alpha is there but did'nt check it yet).

A few things:

1. When using SM1.x you need to read the descriptions and load the
prereqs manually. Sometimes those descriptions doesn't tell you which
version of the prereq packages is needed (and even if they did, it would
probably not be available because of the limitations of SM1). So things
will break in SM1 - there is simply no antidote for it. Except SM2.

2. SM2 is actually in beta (not alpha), but I can tell you people: I
have had ZERO feedback on it. So my conclusion is that obviously all of
you out there don't really want it! Otherwise you would be helping me
with testing it, right? Perhaps I should simply drop it all.

> - Sorry...I was in a   '*?%&$'   mood.    Let come back to Squeaking.
>
> Raymond

No problem. If you sign up as a co-maintainer for ANY part you will be
forgiven. ;-)

regards, Göran