[BUG]ShortPointArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Dec 1 17:27:44 UTC 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 9:29 pm, raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:
> I tried to open in this  Squeak.image a previously saved drawing
> (Connectors 1.9) from an other Squeak.image. Both images are Squeak 3.5
> image.
>
> 1 December 2003 10:24:15 am
>
> VM: Win32 - Squeak3.5 of '11 April 2003' [latest update: #5180]
> Image: Squeak3.5 [latest update: #5180]
>
> ShortPointArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

> ShortPointArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> RWBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>nextWordsInto:
> ShortPointArray class(ArrayedCollection class)>>newFromStream:
> SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>readWordLike
>  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
> SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
> SmartRefStream>>next
> SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>readArray
> SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
> SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
> SmartRefStream>>next
> TTGlyph(Object)>>readDataFrom:size:

Ah, you had me worried that this was a Connectors problem.

This is actually a problem with ShortPointArray's loading and storing.

On 2003-05-20, Enrico Bertini posted a
[FIX] MatrixTranform2x3-ShortPointArray-ShortRunArray

However, I found that this didn't work right, and on 2003-07-05 posted
[BUG] BitmapStreamTests

As I said in that post:
"This is an incomplete test suite for storing and reading various word-
and short-word subclasses of ArrayedCollection.

It demonstrates some problems with filing in of certain kinds of arrayed
objects.

In 3.6b-5331, I get 8 passed/6 failed/6 errors."

This test was added to the BaseImage Tests package on SqueakMap.

As far as I know this is still broken in 3.7, and affects the storing of
TrueTypeGlyphs and FlashCharacterMorphs.