[BUG]ShortPointArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 1 08:36:55 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:

> Ah, you had me worried that this was a Connectors problem.

Hi Ned....no I did'nt find  problems yet with Connectors....except may
be one
which is related to the fact that a connector is set to 'connect to
nothing'. Sometime (don't know yet why) this cause the connector to
disappear (but it is still in the world) and lots of NCHighlightMorph
are generated on the world.

> This is actually a problem with ShortPointArray's loading and storing.
>
> On 2003-05-20, Enrico Bertini posted a
> [FIX] MatrixTranform2x3-ShortPointArray-ShortRunArray
>
> However, I found that this didn't work right, and on 2003-07-05 posted
> [BUG] BitmapStreamTests
>
> As I said in that post:
> "This is an incomplete test suite for storing and reading various word-
> and short-word subclasses of ArrayedCollection.
>
> It demonstrates some problems with filing in of certain kinds of arrayed
> objects.
>
> In 3.6b-5331, I get 8 passed/6 failed/6 errors."
>
> This test was added to the BaseImage Tests package on SqueakMap.
>
> As far as I know this is still broken in 3.7, and affects the storing of
> TrueTypeGlyphs and FlashCharacterMorphs.

So as I use TruetypeBanner may be this is the problem...I will try to
not use it...

BTW do you think the problem with opening a drawing is the same problem
?