Controlling via parallel (centronic) port

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Dec 1 22:01:45 UTC 2003

I'll point you to the extended serial port support squeak map package.

http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/36c286ee-c0af-4853-98a4
-42ea9540f571

Although it's for serial ports, I guess you could subclass for parallel
ports.
If you have unix you have everything you need.
If you have windows, then it's more work since the primitves for
windows don't exist as far as I know.

On Dec 1, 2003, at 1:40 PM, unknown wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I´ve build a controller card with that  you can control something via
> your parallel port.
>
> The problem is I can´t use it. The card works but I have found only
> one class in Squeak to
>
> control that port and it doesn´t work. Either Squeak breaks down or it
> gives error messages.
>
> I´m also able to write a bit in C and Pascal but I want write the
> program in Squeak.
>
> I have searched for another smalltalk environment but no one gives
> access to ports.
>
> If anybody helped me I would make a good tutorial to build an
> interface.
>

> thx
>

> Stuff
> _______
> WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
> nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionenhttp://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130

===