SM2 Testing (was [BUG] SM2 Burps after loading Breakpoint support or ColorDevTools)

Thomas A Petersen tpeterse at csc.com
Tue Dec 2 14:39:25 UTC 2003

Goran,

[snip...]
> Stop right there. :) ...
[snip...]
> 7. SqueakMap2 - A load script which will update your 3.6/3.7 image to
SqueakMap2.
[snip...]

Based on your guidance, here's what I did:

1.   Start Squeak 37a 5566 image fresh out of the zip file.

2.   Iconofy the welcome window by clicking the upper right corner

3.   World menu | open | Package Loader

4.   Select 'SqueakMap2 (->0.9)'

5.   Right Click | Install
            Lots of progress bars and trundling.  Very good....
            Received alert 'Error occured durring install:
AnObsoleteSMCard>>notInstalled'
            coicked OK
     There appears to be a new package loadere here.

6.   SqueakMap2 appears to still be selected.  Scrolling quickly shows that
it is just a screen artifact.

7.   Select 'Breakpoint Support (->1.25)'

8.   right click | Install
            Things appear to be happy.

9.   Select 'ColorDevTools (CDT) (->0.1a)'
     right click | Install
            More trundling... get Readme.CDT.  Dismiss it with X button.

10.  Select 'Connectors (->0.9)'

11.  right click | install
            More trundling... get README and CHANGES. dismiss both with X
button.
            The Connectors, FSM, and Class Diagrams flaps have appeared.
            The 'New Connectors Drawing' project has appeared.

12.  Select 'Jacaranda (->12-apr-2003)'
     right click | install
            More trundling... Get README and CHANGES windows. dismiss with
X button.
            The Jacaranda flap has appeared.

13.  Use tools flap to get a change sorter.  Note that all of the change
sets have been loaded.

14.  Dismiss the SM2 browser with the X button.

15.  Save the image as: 'Squeak3.7a-5566-SM2.image' as a base for further
tinkering.

The operation appears to be a complete success.
Thanks for the guidance.
I know that this is just a beginning.  Hopefully, I can find time to try
out more of the features beyond just simple package loading.

Thanks for letting me help,
tap