SM2 beta testing...

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Dec 2 17:35:01 UTC 2003

Julian Fitzell wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
>> This beta period seems to be plagued...
>>
>> I did a "save" on the master server and that triggered a "feature"
>> unknown to me I think:
>>
>> Can it be that any startup script (.st file given on command line) is
>> RUN AGAIN when doing a snapshot of the image? Let us all just say it
>> came as a surprise!
>>
>> So now SM2 just accidentally got reinitialized from SM1. I could of
>> course "roll back" but I saw Julian was in playing etc so, what the heck
>> - I will leave it as is. I don't think many people managed to do much
>> before anyway (because of previous bugs).
>

> You can roll back as far as I'm concerned.  I got as far as trying to
> add a project and then it seemed to hang the same way it did when I
> tried to create an account the first time...  I can create another
> account - no big deal.

Oh the one thing I did find, and I'm guessing you know this, is the list
box of extra attributes on a project is pretty confusing.  They're not
even sorted alphabetically, but even if they were - they need to be in
their logical groups, not in a flat list.  Also, the fact that there is
a primary squeak version but you can select other ones I find odd.

Julian