About Flow in Squeak 3.X

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Dec 2 21:39:41 UTC 2003

On Dec 2, 2003, at 1:21 PM, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi Stef--
>
>> Thanks craig for this email. My gut feeling impression is that 4.0 is
>> far in the future for me.
>
> 	Does that mean that if there were a minimal-snapshot-plus modules
> system available right now, it would still be a while before you could
> use it? Just curious.

Depends which modules you have available for it.  I don't think many
people are going  to use a "minimal snapshot" - it's minimal, after
all.  But can you load Morphic on top of it?  What about the
Refactoring Browser?  How many of the packages on SqueakMap will load,
or how much work is it for any one of them to make it into a module?

 From your reports, you've done an amazing job stripping down the image,
but surely it's an even bigger task to be able to build it back up
again?