Morph>>Delete

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Dec 5 10:45:19 UTC 2003

>> is your

>> > The convention is to use the #.  It's kind of neat actually-  do a
>> > print-it on "Morph>>#delete" in a workspace- the CompiledMethod for that
>> > method is returned.  #delete can be passed (a symbol), and delete
>> cannot.
>>
>> Yes, "Morph>>#delete" is a valid Smalltalk expression and
>
>> "Morph>>delete" is not.

Actually, the convention is to use "Object>>selector" without the hash
mark. This can be verified by selecting ">>" and pressing Ctrl-E.

Now, in 1999 some guy decided it would be neat if this *was* valid
Smalltalk and added #>> to Behavior as a shortcut for
#compiledMethodAt:. Of course, this requires you to use a Symbol as
parameter, hence the #. Maybe we should punish him for that? And remove
the method? Bad boy, me, bad, bad boy ...

--
    Bert