[Q] browser plugin for MSIE 6 / Firebird

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 5 11:26:58 UTC 2003

Hans,

> When the link is contained in a .html file between <html>
> tags including <embed type="application/x-squeak-source" src=
> etc > it still does not work though.

MS has long pulled the plug on netscape plugins. E.g., the <embed> tag is
practically no longer supported. You need to use the <object> tag for IE,
for example:

<OBJECT
	ID="SqueakOCX Control"
	WIDTH=1024 HEIGHT=768
	ALIGN=center BORDER=2
	CLASSID="CLSID:2BE9C39E-8386-4435-B337-FCDAD8EAB006"

CODEBASE="http://www.squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPluginInstaller.exe">
   <PARAM name="src"
value="http://www.squeakland.org/projects/EToy-Template.001.pr">
</OBJECT>

Note that the easiest way of dealing with projects from webpages is to link
your project through Mike's scriptlet at Squeakland.org, e.g., refer to
something like:

http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?<yourUrlHere>

This will figure out what browser, platform, etc you're using and "do the
right thing".

Cheers,
  - Andreas