Morph>>Delete

Darius squeakuser at inglang.com
Fri Dec 5 20:48:16 UTC 2003

> We could still use styled text within Squeak,
> and have conventions for writing code in plain text
> when necessary.

Isn't this what the "Tiles" view of source code is all about?

I feel that the "Tiles" view is severly under utilized.

Shouldn't the "Tiles" view be where we graphically represent:
   * The concepts behind the code
   * The meta information of the application
   * The object message or timing structure
by changing the colors, shapes, empty tile spaces to plug things into, and such
like?

What are the "Tiles" view's current drawbacks that keep it from being used,
optimizd, and/or enhanced?

   * Tile's 'properties' morph like eToy's Inspector?
   * Drag & Drop tray of common or useful messages components and values
components like eToy's Inspector?
   * Autocomplete or pop up list to complete?
   * Direct links to documentation?
   * Patterns & Antipatterns?

Cheers,
Darius