[BUG][FIX] MVC: cannot open a Morphic window from within MVC [sm]

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Fri Dec 5 21:35:41 UTC 2003

This bug report is for Squeak 3.7alfa latest change: #5595

In a MVC project, you cannot currently open a Morphic window.
There are many ways to demonstrate this: You can open a
file list, select an html file an try to open it the web browser.
You get the notifier:
MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>disableGenieFocus:

Alternatively, you can evaluate this:

    (1 to: 10) asArray inspect.

You get an inspector. In this inspector, select the item "self",
bring up the list view menu and select "explore".
This brings up the same error notification.

The problem is that in  Morph>>delete  we do not handle
the case that  World is  nil.
The attached change set fixes the problem.

This problem was fixed earlier by raa, who wrote in a comment:
"I encountered a case where the hand was nil, so I put in a little
 protection - raa"

This fix got lost, problably because it was not clear that it is
needed for MVC.

Greetings,
Boris