About 3.7

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Dec 7 14:02:34 UTC 2003

Am 07.12.2003 um 14:35 schrieb ducasse:

> Hi marcus
>
> I do not know. When yoshiki wants. I'm sure that I really understand
> the impact of the changes.
> Will the source of the methods get impacted? Does it mean that we will
> have to have a new source file?

I think we should have a new source file after m17n. Maybe we should
take this as an excuse to
do a 4.0 release? Even in 3.7a a compacted change-file is rather large.

And we could ship the 4.0 sources compressed with Dan's
compression-enhancement.

One idea that we could think about: If we need to do a freeze for m17n
anyways, why not simply
call this "3.7"? Then we could move m17n in after that, and prepare for
a 4.0 release with a
new, compressed source-file.

      Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de