Q about seaside categories

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Sun Dec 7 20:42:15 UTC 2003

Am Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2003 21:19 schrieben Sie:
> On Dec 7, 2003, at 5:17 AM, Martin Kuball wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Why does seaside use a "/" to name its caegroies instead of a "-"?
> > This way
> > we would only have 1 top level categorie for seaside instead of  30
> > (or so).
>
> I don't see how we would go from 30 to 1 - no matter how you name them,
> there will always be 30 system categories that will all show up in the
> normal Browser.  We could go from 5 to 1, since that's how many top
> level categories show up in the PackagePaneBrowser.  That was
> intentional -  I'd rather have 5 top level categories of 6 items each
> than 1 with 30 items.  However, I do realize that this becomes more
> annoying and less useful the less you work with Seaside.  Does anyone
> have any suggestions?  Has anyone done a PackagePaneBrowser with a tree
> widget in the leftmost column?

Whisker does it. And I like it very much.

I don't understand why we can't have 1 top level category for seaside. Every
seaside category starts with "seaside/" . Replacing this with "seaside-" will
give us 1 top level and 5 sub-categories. Or am I missing something?

Martin