Q about seaside categories

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Mon Dec 8 17:16:48 UTC 2003

Am Montag, 8. Dezember 2003 01:39 schrieben Sie:
> On Dec 7, 2003, at 12:42 PM, Martin Kuball wrote:
> > Whisker does it. And I like it very much.
>
> Well, Whisker doesn't do it in a way that gives any advantage over the
> PackagePaneBrowser - IIRC, it still only allows two levels of
> hierarchy, it just represents them in a tree instead of with two
> columns.  What I'd want is a fully hierarchical tree (one level for
> each '-' in the category name) in the first column, with all of the
> subcategories of whatever level you've selected in the second column.
> So, if I have #('Foo-Bar-A', 'Foo-Bar-B', 'Foo-Baz'), I could either
> select the top level 'Foo', and get all three in the second column, or
> I could expand that node in the tree to see 'Foo-Bar' and 'Foo-Baz',
> and select 'Foo-Bar' to get 'Foo-Bar-A' and 'Foo-Bar-B' in the second
> column.

Sorry, don't get it. You want to have a separate view for each level? If not
and you want to have something like the file explorer in windows with its
directory tree, we are are alreday there. Because to me it looks like Whisker
is exactly doing this:

Foo
 |--- Bar
 |       |--- A