SqueakPeople rewrite and grand plans

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Dec 11 16:41:15 UTC 2003

+1 on the goal, though of course we can debate how best to get there.

I think it's a good next step to combine SqP and SM2. They are a natural
fit. Perhaps the very next thing should be to make an advogato-like skin
for SM2. We could then quickly make the two appear integrated for web
users, pending a more integrated implementation (hmm, which I see you've
already started).

I'm much in favour of making the wiki more prominent. Though we are used
to it feeling a bit stale and chaotic, that will improve as it's
software and tools and visibility evolve. Re the wiki software, I think
we should run a smallwiki and/or gardner based mirror of minnow for at
least a little while to evaluate and flush out any issues.

Other interim steps: what would you think about consolidating the
squeakfoundation.org presence as follows: point
http://squeakfoundation.org to SqP, and add links to all known squeak
wikis and sites there.

And while I think of it, how about we clarify the purpose of the
squeakfoundation list - I think it's name implies it should be used for
the business of setting up an umbrella squeak foundation. The other
discussions belong on this list IMHO, at least until we decide to create
squeak-release and squeak-license.

Thanks for working on this,
-Simon