[UPDATES] 12 for Squeak3.7alpha

dway at mailcan.com dway at mailcan.com
Fri Dec 12 05:12:57 UTC 2003

The current batch of approved items.

By the way, I'm now subscribed to the list with a new personal email
account: dway at mailcan.com.

- Doug

------------------------------

5596AcornPathPartsFixes-tpr -- tim at sumeru.stanford.edu -- 1 December
2003
The Risc OS specific fix for pathParts - not dependent on the generic
pathParts fixes package."

5597ifEmpty-etc-jf -- Julian Fitzell -- 1 December 2003
Ned submitted a fix back in September for several RB issues.  One of the
pieces of that fix was the set of ifEmpty/ifNotEmpty methods.  There was
some discussion and it was agreed that they should all take 0-arg blocks
in all their forms and we could add #ifEmptyDo:, etc. at a later point
if desired.  No revised fix for these methods was submitted and they
never made it in.
So I wrote them up and here they are."

5598SomeSmplCleanups-md -- Marcus Denker -- 3 December 2003
This Changeset
   -> moves LRU-Cache to System-Support
   ->  removes empty category Utilities
   ->  removes empty category System-Exceptions Tests"

5599Smacc-R-Fixes -- Marcus Denker -- 4 December 2003
Some fixes for SmaCC-Runtime from Anthony's Closure Compiler
After applying the fix, all the tests from SmaCC-Development keep
on running (And I checked with my own parsers. too)"

5600SocketBindToIntrf-ikp

5601exploreInMVC-BG -- Boris Gaertner -- 5 December 2003
This fixes an error that occurs when we are in a MVC project and try to
open a Morphic window. This was fixed earlier, in Squeak 3.6 #5424, we
find this comment:
	I encountered a case where the hand was nil, so I put in a little
	protection - raa

5602ArchViewerShortContents-klc -- Ken Causey -- 5 December 2003
v3
Realized I could specify the number of characters shown exactly.
v2
A second version after comments from Simon Michael.  This version is
refactored a little bit and produces results more like FileList2.
Unless you toggle the button to 'View All Contents' the text of the file
is trimmed.  Previously it was trimmed at a fixed 5000 characters with
no indication that it had been trimmed (other than the button not being
toggled).  I changed the behaviour so that if possible it trims the
output at the end of the last line before 5000 characters and notes that
the output is trimmed."

5603serverFixes-mir -- Michael Rueger -- 8 December 2003
Fixes problems with the update mechanism.
Changes to server directory do multiple command sequences are again
possible."

5604CompareArbitraryVers-nk -- Ned Konz -- 5 December 2003
Squeak Version:		3.7a (uses #translated)
Adds a 'compare to selected version' feature to the VersionsBrowser,
letting you compare any method version with any other version.
Compares the changeset timestamps to determine which is the 'from'
version.
5 Dec.: removed automatic re-ordering by timestamps.
Also adds a couple of utility methods:
	ChangeRecord>>timeStamp		returns a TimeStamp
	(MenuMorph,CustomMenu)>>addTranslatedList: 		sends #translate to its
strings

5605CleanupUpdateServers-dew -- Doug Way -- 9 December 2003
Remove uiuc update server (from Utilities class>>updateUrlLists) which
has been defunct for a long time.  Also clean up various other
ServerDirectory update servers."
| publicUpdateServers sqcInternetOne |
publicUpdateServers _ Utilities updateUrlLists detect: [:ea | ea first =
'Squeak Public Updates'].
publicUpdateServers at: 2 put:
{'update.squeakfoundation.org/external/'}.
"Add Internal (testing) SqF updates server"
sqcInternetOne _ (ServerDirectory serverNamed: 'squeakfoundation') copy.
sqcInternetOne groupName: 'SqC Internal Updates*'.
ServerDirectory addServer: sqcInternetOne named: 'UpdatesAtSqFInternal'.
"Assign a better name to the SqF updates server"
sqcInternetOne _ ServerDirectory serverNamed: 'squeakfoundation'.
ServerDirectory addServer: (ServerDirectory serverNamed:
'squeakfoundation') named: 'UpdatesAtSqF'.
ServerDirectory removeServerNamed: 'squeakfoundation' ifAbsent: [].
"Remove obsolete update servers"
ServerDirectory removeServerNamed: 'UpdatesExtUIUC' ifAbsent: [].
ServerDirectory removeServerNamed: 'UpdatesExtUIUC2' ifAbsent: [].
ServerDirectory removeServerNamed: 'UpdatesAtSqueak.org' ifAbsent: [].

5606BlockPrintOnFix-ajh -- Anthony Hannan, Doug Way -- 11 December 2003
Revert CompiledMethod>>longPrintOn:indent:, which had been incorrectly
overwritten with an old version."

5607FileListFTPWrite-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 3 December 2003
The FileList supports viewing files on remote servers via FTP.  For
years now, editing a file and writing it back to the server has been
broken.  (Why didn't anyone complain?)  Dan finally did complain, and
the problem was that the close message in RemoteFileStream was calling
itself recursively.  With this fix, files on remote servers can be
edited in a FileList."

<This automated message brought to you by the UpdateIncorporationTool.>
<See the UpdateIncorporationTool package on SqueakMap for details.>