Squeak vs. Python for this task on hand...

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Dec 13 07:42:01 UTC 2003

? SmallScript = S#?

Ah, it was SmallScript spawn from AOS Smalltalk , but my suggestion to
David back at OOPSLA 2002 was to call it S# instead, one of the Sharp
languages for .NET you see.  Actually I had floated the idea in front
of a few smalltalk vm folks there, but David snatched the idea and had
changed the VM name string by the afternoon's slide presentation so he
got ownership first.

Perhaps you're thinking of John Brant's Smalltalk for .NET or
(#Smalltalk)

On Dec 12, 2003, at 6:31 PM, Lex Spoon wrote:

> ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>> 	- SmallScript = S# more a scripting language a la python but quite
>> good too. Can be embedded as ddl in other applications?
>

> These are not the same thing, by the way.  SmallScript and S# are two
> different Smalltalk implementations that run on Microsoft's CLI.
>
> -Lex

===