Robotic microcontrollers

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Dec 16 15:29:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:13:20 +0100, Serge Stinckwich
<Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:

> We are investigating several solutions :
>
> - a Linux PDA (maybe a Zaurus one) with Wifi and BlueTooth connected to a small I/O controller like
>   OOPIC (http://www.oopic.com/) with an I2C interface in order to control the effectors and sensors.

I am using a Pocket Windows PDA (Dell Axim) with an 802.11 CF card, and a
serial connection to a PIC microcontroller in my autonomous submarine.

It works very well. I program the PIC 16F877 in C, and run Squeak on the
PDA.

http://www.huv.com/uSeeker
http://www.huv.com/uSeeker/poolTest

Later,