About test presence

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 09:43:52 UTC 2003

> > In a second step, I would like to see if and how what romain robbes did
> > with the Unit Browser can be used (I would
> > remove the Lint box from the browser for example).

I must confess that I really appreciate the Lint box being right there in
the browser. It'll run a full lint on just the class I'm working on, I
don't have to have a full lint browser lurking on my desktop (one more
window to clutter up my workspace), the lint runs in its own process, unlike
the lint browser and, most importantly, because it's so trivial to run the
lint (just a single click and then it gets out of my way) I can get on with
writing a new test.

> > I would like to add in the image the corresponding tests that marcus
> > collected and produce a removal script (which is trivial).
> > Before doing that I would like to know your point of view.
>
> Put my vote for BrowseUnit, it's just perfect for the task.
> And I looove using it.

Yep yep! First you get test infected and then you get BrowseUnit infected.

The only quibble I have with BrowseUnit is that it seems from elsewhere
in the image that the "testing" category is meant for messages like #isFoo
rather than unit tests. TestCase has categories like "Private" and
"Running",
all neatly capitalised, and then there's "testing". But that's not exactly
a big issue :)

frank