[BUG] Scamper

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Dec 19 09:47:26 UTC 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, jmzajac2002 wrote:

> With a clean, new image after installation of Scamper
> I have an error: 'Streams are created with on: and with:'
> when
> formatter _ HtmlFormatter preferredFormatterClass new.
> Not way to exit from that.

I had this and attempted to post to the Squeak list about it.  Not
sure what happened to my post.

Anyway - change 5503 removed the "new" class method from the
AttributedTextStream class.  This exposed the "new" in Stream, which
raises the error you see.

The idea of change 5503 seemed to be to refactor "^ super basicNew
initialize" which is seen all over the place.

Anyway - I fixed the problem by adding back AttributedTextStream's
"new":

  new
	^ super basicNew initialize.

I did suspect that I'd misunderstood or made some other error as noone
else hed raised the issue.  But maybe not.

Regards,
Steve Davies